So, I was sitting here, trying to figure out what the hell I was going to write about, when I got a message from my friend Alicia:
That obviously prompted a whole discussion about the Glossier blushes. Halfway through, I started to think that maybe this could be blog content. After I mentioned that, she elected to ask me a few questions, which led to talking about my skin routine. I have the driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiest skin ever, so when I find things that fight the flaking, I’m a very happy person.
Here’s our whole conversation in which I really lazily outline my skincare routine for dry-ass skin (not to be confused with dry ass-skin, which is a different routine entirely) mostly using photos–joke’s on me, though, because I had to write out all the product names for this post.
(Sorry for any wonkiness–I had to edit out one teeny tiny thing we discussed that was totally unrelated to this post!)
If you’re still reading after that (purposely) horrifying selfie, I thank you for hanging in there. (I seriously debated about cutting that whole part out, but Alicia enjoyed it so much that I felt like I should leave it in.)
(Also, yes, I know there’s a ton of cat hair on my pajamas… It miiiiiight be because I found the cat sleeping on them when I came home from work today.)
Here are all the products I mentioned to Alicia:
- Glossier Cloud Paint (the product that started this whole thing)
- The Herbivore Coconut Bath Milk (which I mistakenly remembered as being part of the Ordinary brand, which it definitely isn’t… they don’t even sound remotely the same…)
- Vichy Thermale Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover (THE BEST eye makeup remover, and the only one that doesn’t irritate my eyes)
- Caudalie Micellar Cleansing Water (which I personally think is way better than the Biotherm one everyone else raves about)
- Eucerin Replenishing Face Cream (a totally underrated drugstore moisturizer)
- Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil (which I forgot to tell Alicia–sorry, Alicia–that I only use this at night, not in the morning)
- Drunk Elephant Rise + Glow Duo (which I started using when I ran out of the similar Glossier serums, but was too impatient to wait for replacements to ship)
- Glossier Mask Duo (which I use for 20 minutes each, back to back)
What’s your skincare routine? Have you tried any of the products I mentioned? Tell me about them in the comments!